Monday, March 19, 2012

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

March 19th, Monday... So I'm flipping channels and I stumble on a show called the Shahs of Sunset. What the...? How do Iranians flee their country, come to America and get their own show? I'm just saying... Bravo has cornered the market on stupidity!
What kills me is how an ethnic group can come here and NOT live in a ghetto! The promo said that great riches were left behind and I'm watching these people flying in private jets and drinking Chrystal! (That's expensive shit!) And how does a 2 bit Persian Princess with the hip-hop mouth get a stylist?
But, I have to admit to getting stuck to the show. Bad behavior and disrespect is an attraction for me. Throw in sex and we're talking Emmy nomination!
I'm also digging the tattoo shows! Body art... It is not me (If I liked needles I would have aspired to be a junkie!) but I love looking at it. I'm into art and artists... So what if the canvas is a human being? ( How cool would it have been if Dali did the Persistence of Memory on Gala's ass?)
I have an idea for a reality show for radio but I won't reveal the context or title for fear that someone might steal it. I'm gonna do it myself and revolutionize radio! "Look Ma, I'm on top of the world!"

No comments: