Friday, March 16, 2012

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

March 16th, Friday... Now that thye New York Knicks of the NBA has changed coaches, "Linsanity" may be over and insanity will take its place! Such is the life in New York City. City lights, provocative life styles, traffic, crime, noise, D'Antoni getting fired... (Opps, I mean resigning!) So what happens now? Does Jeremy Lin take Baron Davis' seat on the bench now that Mike Woodson takes the helm? And, how in hell did he get the interim piece ahead of Herb Williams anyway? He just got there after being fired by the Atlanta Hawks! (No, he did not resign!)
If Jeremy's money is guaranteed, I don't feel sorry for him. I wrote before that he should be with another team but who listens to me? (By the way, who IS reading me anyway?) I'm talking "big boys" here! So what if a flowing offense slows down for isolation plays? (Yo, Carmelo... You're up!)Play some damn defense already! This is pro basketball, not rec league basketball! Big money is involved! Fans are paying a "mturd" load of cash to watch the action.If the Knicks are only going to play half the game, can the fans pay half price for the ticket?
I worked for the Knicks back in the day and I was told by an executive, (and I quote...) "If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, this is NOT the place!"
One day the Knicks will get it right again. Red Holzman will come back from the dead... Willis Reed and Walt Frazier will suit up, Phil Jackson will come off the bench and the Knicks will win another NBA championship! (Now that I am finished laughing, I will end it here!)

No comments: