Monday, June 18, 2007

CRAP/ My Journal by Al Brathway

June 18th, Monday/ I started my day today w/ the expectation that it was not going to be that great. I worked a basketball camp and I HATE basketball camp! I've been doing it for quite a while and it's time for me to stop. So, being that this is my swan song foe summer basketball camp I figured that I would put myself on autopilot and get it done. So I'm cruising through the day until I hit a bump. .. I met an 8 year old kid named Ky. What an imagination! We connected for some reason and my life has changed forever!/ Ky started talking to me about his life and his thoughts and I was blown away! Come to find out, Ky is a writer and an inventor. He told me some stories and made me swear that I would not repeat them so that he would not have to sue me for copywright infringement! I was blown away!/ On my way home, I started to think about Ky and then I thought of my life at his age. I was not allowed to be a kid at 8 years old. I was told that I had to "grow up" and "be a man!" I got to thinking about what I would be like, today, if I had the freedom to be a kid back in the day? I vowed that I would live out the rest of my time on this planet like Ky, even though I don't have much time left! CRAP!

No comments: