Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

February 26th, Sunday... I just saw something that confirmed that I am some sort of sports racist? Bigot? What? I was flipping channels today, looking for something to watch and I happened upon ESPN showing a bowling tournament. I NEVER watch bowling! N-E-V-E-R! My mind snapped. My inner voice said,"Just stay here for a minute and watch this!" So, I stayed on the channel to watch some guy named Pete Weber try to get a strike to win the tournament. He stood there... He was focused. He took a deep breath. He raised the ball, looked down the lane, made his approach and released a spinning masterpiece that started going one way down the lane and ended up curving back to strike the center pin just off of its left side. All of the pins fell... Well, all except one. It was the last pin on the left side. Pete Weber blew air out of his system like a surfacing whale! He bowled again to get the spare. He succeeded! Now he had to bowl again to get a strike to win the tournament. He repeated his movements exactly as before! He released the ball the same way as before. The ball spun as before. It took the same direction as before... Except, this time he got the coveted strike he was looking for! Victory was his! Then he did something I would have expected more from a football player than a bowler. He went into a tirade as if he were in a room by himself, talking to himself in a full length mirror!
I was so taken by surprise that I cannot remember what he said verbatim but I can say this: I will N-E-V-E-R watch bowling again!

No comments: