Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

December 14th, Wednesday... I love going to the movies! As a matter of fact, I like everything about going to the movies. First of all, I do not like being late! Oh hell no! I enjoy waiting in line so that the buildup... the heightened anticipation gets my blood bubbling! I'm not all that enthused about paying $12 to $15 buckaroos for a ticket! (Oh hell yeah I'm doing the matinee piece and I'm using my Senior Citizen benefits too!)
Hopefully I get the seat I want (advantage: matinee!) I've got my soda or water, popcorn and a pack of Raisonettes! Then comes the slide show and then... the features!
So, the other day I was watching TV and I heard an argument about Hi Definition TV vs. 3D! Now I don't know what 3D TV looks like (I haven't seen one- yet!) The winner was Hi Definition TV! But I have to say there is something to be said for 3D movies! I saw The Green Hornet in 3D and I was trippin'! Man, it looked like things were floating over my head! I was reaching for stuff and everything! Even the glasses were cool! No more of those flimsy paper thingies. I had on hard frame nerdy looking glasses!
I'll tell you... If I wasn't such an old punk-ass I would smoke some weed and go to a 3D movie and trip but it would be just my luck that the cops would smell it on me, watch be buy all of the munchie food, then bust me for consumption! I'm too old to do time!

No comments: