Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

October 23rd, Sunday... I attend a church in the state of Maryland and it is a nice church. I have been a member since the mid- nineties but the pastor said, to my face, that he does not recall that I even joined. (Maybe he said that because of that tithing thing?) Anyway, I noticed that the members of the hierarchy flat out refuse to speak! Ok, maybe it's a bad Sunday. But not every Sunday!
I'm thinking that one of the missions of the church is to promote fellowship. I don't know... I could be wrong!
Sometimes you can speak to them and they will look you right in the eye and not say a word! There are some Sunday's when they come around and want to "pray" for you, then they start "laying hands" all over you like you are in a church massage parlor. I have a problem with the Quickie" prayer thing. It reminds me of police officers pulling black drivers over for no apparent reason to meet their ticket quota!
Another thing I don't see at my church is a suggestion box! I wonder why?

No comments: