Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

October 12th, Wednesday... I just got finished watching the whole first season of BRAVO's A Work of Art and I am absolutely inspired... to do nothing! I thought the artist's were great. They did motivating work but my issue is how do you get the opportunity to create art considering the state of the world?
I don't really fault the artists. I guess I got caught up with the critics assessments of the works. Who are these people? How do you get to sit on your ass and look down on the creative masses and judge their work? Can you even judge the concept of some one's work? If I'm judging how you perceive the world, I am saying that my perception sets a standard that you have to align yourself with to be relevant! WHAT? And, where is your work being displayed so that I may be able to make my comparisons? And, how can I get me one of those "judging" gigs? And, if I lose the competition, am I now irrelavant in the world of art (after all that work I did)?
Shit... considering what I just wrote, am I now what I detest?

No comments: