Friday, October 21, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

October 21st, Friday... I hate poverty! I'm from the Groucho Marks School. "I don't want to join any club that would have me as a member!" The problem is that I'm poor and I am in the poverty club but not by my choice! If it were left up to me, I'd be RICH!
Anyway, I owe(d) big cheese on my cell phone bill but I paid 2/3's of it yesterday. Apparently that means nothing because the poor are treated as though they have NO DIGNITY! Not only do I not have any service, I also have a bill collector calling me for the other third of the cheddar. She took me to task about when and how I would pay the rest of the money. First of all, if I had it to pay I would have paid it. I had been paying it on time... Now she is riding my ass about the rest. Secondly, I have no service!
I get it! When you're poor, you are scum. Screw your circumstance... Fuck your situation. Who should be concerned that your "American Dream" is an all American nightmare?
As soon as I can get out of my cell phone contract, I'm not talking anymore! Hell, it costs to talk in America. Who would have thought that "freedom of speech" was so damn expensive?

No comments: