Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

March 29th, Tuesday... I'm sitting and working on my journal and I have the TV on. It's the Housewives of Orange County (Yeah, I watch shit like that sometimes!) So I'm listening to a woman explain her life which is no job, controlling husband, nannified kids and she is talking about how she is designing a fashion line! That shit is amazing to me! How does one get on a "make believe" (fake ass) reality show and just get a seamstress and start a fashion line?
I remember when I was in school and the teacher asked us what we wanted to be in life, all I ever heard was policeman, fireman, doctor, lawyer, Indian Chief. As an adult all I hear about is these exotic careers! Out of the box ideas that have made millions for dropouts!
"Venture capitalists" who throw their money into hair brain schemes (Bernie, where are you now?) on the strength of a powerpoint pitch. Where the hell was I when this stuff was going on? I went to college! (Obviously the wrong one!)
I'm even amazed that people can make money doing a blog. (I haven't made a dime off of mine! SHIT!) I was even told that my blog was of the op. ed. variety. What do they know?
In my next life, I want to come back as the star of a reality show called Black Househusband of Bed-Stuy! Wait a minute, on second thought, never mind. I'm not feeling like being the brainless, stupid Brotha!

No comments: