Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

July 11th, Saturday/ In what seems like ages ago, I got into a huge argument with a friend (we are no longer friends due to this particular argument!) about Barry Bonds. His point was that Major League Baseball would suffer because Barry Bonds was no longer in the game. My argument was that Major League Baseball did not give a rat's ass about Barry Bonds and he would no longer be a member of the team. Any team!
And, here we are...Major league Baseball is still in existence and Barry Bonds is not. ( I mean in the context of being an active member of the game in some capacity!)
Whether Barry Bonds did what he is accused of is of no real consequence. He is not well liked and whatever he is accused of is the operating reason (used) as to why he is no longer around. He has alienated himself and he was arrogant in the process. But so what? Is Barry Bonds a viable reason for me to lose a friend? You know what? "I don't give a rat's ass!" If someone can use someone else's situation as a reason to not be my friend, why do I need that person in my life? The only thing I got out of this whole thing is that this particular situation brings a whole new meaning to the phenomenon that is Black on Black crime!

No comments: