Friday, November 25, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

November 25th,(Black) Friday... (Why is it called "Black Friday?") Okay, this is the time of year when I see contradictions in Society. Like it's Thanksgiving and people are supposed to be humbled but some seem to be very stressed out and just plain nasty. Crowds of people go shopping for gifts and mob scenes break out at stores with people fighting over material things! And... and, celebrities find it in their hearts to go to missions to serve the poor when the majority of their time, during the year, is to act like "assholes!" (Can you say "photo op?")
Why do I have such a hard time watching this BS transpire year after year? I think if I were in the position where I had to accept a handout, I would have to muster up some integrity from somewhere and not accept a plate from some bogus ass celebrity. (I would probably have the hook up in place where I would be out by where the trash bins are and have my boy slip me a plate through the side door or something...)
That being said, I am not feeling this time of year! I just want it to go away quickly...But, maybe I should not be in such a hurry for it to end. After all, 2012 is the year when the world is supposed to come to an end! Maybe all the photo celebrities will just disappear?

No comments: