Monday, September 26, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

September 26th, Monday... So I'm sitting here, flipping channels and I come across the Basketball Wives LA show. While watching, I am asking myself, "Why do Black women allow themselves to be psychologically prostituted on TV?" What the fuck is that? I mean, does a "reality show" have a script? And, if so, why do they say stupid shit? Who writes the dialogue? Why are the "red bones" former strippers? What is the deal with having a violent fight in boxing gear? (That has got to be some male fantasy thing!) Why are the LA BBW's not adhering to the cry of Rodney King? "Why can't we all just get along?"
Anyone who defends the media and entertainment business by saying that kids are not influenced by the perpetration of bullshit is way beyond me! What is it with the anger management piece? Why be so angry? Why is it when a woman has baggage, the bag is a designer bag? Where do these women work? Do they work? Where can I meet this type of woman?
Shit, I just exercised my option and changed the channel... I'm now watching the Kardashians!

No comments: