Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

September 22nd, Thursday... Ok... A Black man was murd... Wait, I mean executed by the state of Georgia in light of evidence that was contrary to proving his guilt. That being said, I am wondering where are we going to go as a (Black)people now? What happened is not new. What is new is our attitude. We, as a people, are very accepting to what is taking place as we take the posture of "business as usual!"
I have to indict the hip-hop movement somewhat because there are elements of it that need to be condemned! We cannot keep making a distinction and be in full compliance with the language used to describe us in the music. I realize that the reality of the street is being reported but do we really need to hear the report? I get it! The "hood" is the hood. News Flash: The hood has always been the hood! The condition of it (hood) is only that way because it is allowed! We can do something about the condition of where we live and who we are! I mean, it's not like there is some outside force desecrating where we live! The body politic of America does a damn good job of that without crossing the border!
So, when are we going to start rethinking this thing about our condition as a race? I think "right now" is as good a time as any!

No comments: