Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

April 3rd, Sunday... So I'm sitting here, watching Sunday Morning and a segment comes on about the job market and the (perceived) elderly. I'm like, "Oh shit, I'm in the age catagory that they are saying cannot and, possibly, will not be able to find a job ever again (Unless they are hiring in Heaven or Hell!). CRAP! What am I going to do now?
I do have a job; but, I get paid when they feel like paying me. There is no chance of upward mobility. Don't even think about getting a raise and I can't even threaten my boss w/ "If you don't meet my needs, I'll find another job!" What has America come to?
What happened to the good ole days when a man could threaten his present employers? When did Capitalism fall from its fundamental foundation to its now dysfunctional existence?
I have no nest egg. I've been walking on the tight rope w/out a net all my life. I don't even have a wife to which I can argue about money, or the lack thereof! Why am I even living?
When you're young, life is a blast because someone will give you some money. A birthday, a lost tooth, just because... When you get older, life is butt ugly w/ out money! Nobody is gonna give me any money "just because...!"
However, I am in therapy. This blog is providing me w/ the peace of mind needed to drive away my more evil thoughts! So what if I'm broke w/ no future to look forward to? All I do now is become retrospective and remember the fun I had. DAMN! If I only kept that bank account my aunt started for me when I was twelve!!!

No comments: