Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

Wednesday, September 24th...? Man, I swear I will never mettle with FATE again! I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could alter my FATE by employing my will in my life. See, I thought by being bull-headed and thinking I had something to do with my future, I could will my life to go the way I wanted it to go! HA!I don't know what to call the superpower of the Universe (GOD, Allah, The Lord, Superman or woman...), there was a plan already in place unbeknownst to me! I thought I was going to be a Hall of Fame basketball coach. I was going to coach the University of Big Time Ballers to a national championship, cut down the nets and pose for my bust. Well, FATE stepped in and... Well, let's just say that my plans were a bust! For years I blamed others for my downfall. When I summoned enough courage to face myself, I came to understand that I was the one to blame because I never figured that my fate was already sealed. There are some who are predestined for whatever life. I was no different. I just was not predestined to become a coach. I still have no idea what is to happen to me, other than me dying without knowing what I was predestined to do. As it stands right now, I am not doing a damned thing! But that's just me... There is one thing I do know though. FATE exists like Murphy's Law and Karma and Kismit. (I think they all share a condo in Cali?) And I'm not trying to figure them out!

No comments: