Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shit Happens

September 25th, Tuesday... I just read an interesting article about a University of Tennessee frat boy who had to go to the emergency room at a hospital because he did something called "Butt Chugging!" He consumed alcohal through a tube stuck up his arse! Are you kidding me?
What the hell is wrong with our Society where our young people have become so stupid? I used to buy into the notion that our younguns are smarter but that "perceived" intelligence seems to be relative because of how easy it is to access information now-a-days. I'm not feeling like I have confidence in our youth, and I know it's not "everybody," but I don't understand why all the asshole(pun intended) commentary is reported and positive accomplishments have to take a back seat. Does stupidity sell that much better? Is it even healthy to be exposed to said stupidity at every turn? I was watching OWN (Oprah's channel) and saw the Basketball Wives ("non factor") woman (Evelyn) bear her soul to the Iyanla woman. I mean, as something as personal as trying to get your life in order, have to be televised? She probably needs to take her ass to a private office somewhere and heal in secrecy. Why would you want EVERYONE to share in your personal drama?
What am I saying? This woman had no problem throwing wine bottles on camera, or cussing other people out in full effect. Why would she rehab in private?
World gone mad!

No comments: