Monday, January 18, 2010

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

January 18th, Monday/ I have to say that I am not a big music video fan but I sometimes watch them to see who is doing what out there in pop land. There is one chick that has my undivided attention... And that chick is Lady Gaga!!! Talk about reinventing the wheel? To me she seems to be a cross between Madonna, Annie Lenox and "Lily" (Herman Munster's wife) and I don't mean that in a bad way! This girl has an act!
If she were mentoring girls and said that "you can be anything you want!" to them, I would believe her! She is something different! The clothes, the hair, the makeup, the dance routines, the singing, the lyrics... I could only wish that my balls were big enough to be that different! I wonder what planet she is from? (I know she is from New York but that is like being from another planet!)
Anyway, I applaud her because she dares to be... whatever! Too bad the whole world is not that free in mindset to be that expressive. Maybe it would be a better place if we could all live and let live... But, no. We are trapped in a thought process that is way too restrictive and discriminating. It seems like the more alike we are in thinking, the better for some folks!
Pat Robinson had the audacity to say that the earthquake Haiti endured was self imposed because Haiti made a pact with the devil! I saw a news report on 60 Minutes where dead bodies were being loaded into dump trucks by a huge earth mover! Now, even if I thought that, how could I be so insensitive to spread that comment around, considering the circumstance?
One day, before I leave the planet, I would like to experience just one day where my mind thought like Lady Gaga thinks! Just one day I would like to know what that feels like... To be that free of thought where I dared to do whatever and not worry about what others thought... Man, that would be some kind of freedom(?)!

No comments: