Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

March 24th, Tuesday/ I was thinking about the state of the economy and the bailouts and all of that; and then, I got to thinking about the stock market. How does it work? It seems like, to me, the slightest thing that can happen all the way across the world affects America's stock market. It's up, it's down... The Dow, NASDAQ, stocks... I don't get it.
Anyway, I was wondering, considering the climate of a portion of America's population, who are still seething over the election of Barack Obama and the way the Market is affected when a high profiled dignitary sneezes all the way across the ocean... If the President was on his way out of the country for some high powered Summit, and he got sick while walking to the helicopter and had to take a crap right on the White House lawn, what would that do to the market? I don't know... It's crazy!

No comments: