Friday, July 25, 2008

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

Friday, July 25th... I just read an article about Nancy Lieberman, the 50 year old Hall of Famer, who was signed to a seven game contract with the Detroit Shock in the WNBA. This transaction is the result of the big brawl that took place the other night when players were fined and suspended. Okay, I get that. The Shock needed a player, she was available, it makes a good story... whatever. What I don't get is what is the big deal about her throwing 2 stinking assists (okay one was a "no look" pass!)in a loss? I mean there was a big ass article about her! I wonder what would have been said if the Shock won the game? They lost the game! They lost! I could see if the no look pass was thrown as time was running out and the game was won at the buzzer! I could get with that... But they lost! Or, it would have been a big deal if she was a leg amputee and had a prothesis and threw a no look pass to win the game at the buzzer. Or, what if she had no arms and threw the pass? Or, what if she could telepathically throw passes, or, swallow a basketball and shoot it out of her ass for a pass to win the game at the buzzer? Now that would be a big deal!

No comments: