Friday, August 14, 2009

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

August 14th, Friday/ Okay, does Michael Vick deserve a second chance? Maybe, maybe not... Who should be the one to make that determination? First of all, America cannot make that determination. America is a country. You cannot personify America! There are dog lovers who want to crucify Vick! But are they justified in their opinion of him? Who is to say?Logically speaking, the mothers and fathers of the victimized dogs should have some say in the matter... But, that's not gonna happen.So, who should say?

I thought Michael should the one to give himself a second chance. And, I think, to some degree, he will be the one depending on his behavior. But now I am not so sure about that. I watched his press conference, and Vick said that he was mortified and "humbled" by his actions. But, wait a minute... That's in retrospect. He is "humbled" after he got caught and did some time in the timeout cell. He was not "humbled" while in the moment! How can you kill a dog and not be affected by the act itself? Maybe he has proven to have a conscious, after he got caught and heard the cries from the public and had a long talk with Goodell (NFL Commish) and Tony Dungee, the resident reform minister. But where was his compassion for the dogs he electrocuted and drowned and whatever else he did?

I was bitten by a dog once. I wanted to kill it for biting me. (No, I did not provoke the dog! He was mean!) I wanted to but I couldn't. It was a boxer and I was young and my fear was that not only could the dog bite me, it could also out box me! (These are the jokes people!)

I feel bad for Vick. He lost a crap load of money for his venture and a boat load of creditibility! He will never recoop what he has lost! He is a fallen man. Which only goes to show you that it is a dog's life! (Especially in a bad economy!)

No comments: