Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Warped POV by A. Dacosta Brathway

December 11th, Sunday... There is hope for me! I broke up with my woman a couple of weeks ago. I have not been paid in 4 months from my job. ( We are being punished for an discrepancy that we are, apparently, guilty of). We are in the throws of Winter in America. (Yeah it's cold!) My car needs a tune up and an oil change. I have no money, no gas, no food, I am hungry, and, I am feeling a bout of depression coming on...
So I got up this morning and went to church. The music was good. The congregation was into it and I felt a little chill, thinking that maybe, just maybe the LORD heard my prayer. I get home and go online. (Facebook of all places.) I thought maybe if I read what other people were going through, I would not feel so lonesome... And then I saw it! I SAW IT!!!
I saw an article about Paris Hilton! Paris Hilton is one of my favorite people to write about. She ranks right up there with Lindsey Lohan and the Kardashians! Those girls provide so much comic relief to me, I lose my mind just thinking about the crap they get into! But, here lies the rub... Paris has converted to ISLAM! Oh damn! Paris has found purpose in life! She has a direction! No more running out of gas in a Bentley! No more wild parties, getting high, dating new guys every two weeks, making idiotic comments to the press and, OMG, no more getting out of cars with no panties on! Shit... Now I have a real good reason to be DEPRESSED!

No comments: